TILE ADHESIVE - CM 9 GREY - 25KG
- For ceramic tiles (glazed, terracotta), porcelain tiles, mosaic tiles
- For indoor areas
- For walls and floors
- Suitable for wet areas
- Easy workability
PRODUCT SCOPE : Polybit CM 9 is a tile adhesive low-emission LEED designed for fixing tiles on:
- Cement and cement-lime plasters, cement screeds, cement ground coats, concrete substrates.
- Primed light weight AAC blocks / concrete block
- Wet areas (with periodic water penetration) e.g. bathrooms, kitchens, toilets
- Utility rooms as cellars, storerooms, drying rooms, corridors, stairs, anterooms, living rooms
Polybit CM 9 should not be used on deformable substrates such as: primed plasterboards, wood chip-boards, heated floors, large tiles for walls, higher loads and Polybit flexible sealing materials like Polyflex & CL51. Alternatively under the above cases Polybit CM16 and CM117 should be used.
APPLICABLE STANDARDS : Tested according to EN 12004 and ANSI A118.1
SUBSTRATE PREPARATION : Polybit CM 9 can be applied on even, load-bearing and compact substrates, free of any substances that reduce adherence (grease, bitumen, dust):
- Concrete (residual moisture ≤2%)
- Cement screeds and plasters, cement and lime plasters (residual moisture ≤1.5%);
- Aerated concrete (free from dust and primed with CT 17)
- Substrates must not be wet. Any existing dirt, loose layers and paint coating with low strength shall be mechanically removed. Absorbent substrates shall be primed with CT 17 and left to dry for at least 2 hours. Surface unevenness of up to 5mm can be filled on the previous day using Polybit CM 9 mortar.
APPLICATION : Pour Polybit CM 9 into the precisely measured amount of clean water (see technical data) and stir with a drill and mixer until a homogenous mass without lumps is reached. Leave for 2 min. and then stir again. Apply the mortar with a suitable notched trowel. For indoor use, the mortar coverage (contact area) on the tile backside must be at least 65%. Place the tiles only during the open time of the adhesive. Do not lay tiles butt jointed! Fresh excess mortar can be removed with water; hardened material can only be removed mechanically. Grouting on the wall can be done after 8 hours and after 24 hours in floor using Polybit grouts. Walkability is reached after 24 hours. Expansion joints, joints at the corners of walls and floor and around sanitary equipment shall be filled with silicone sealant.
PLEASE NOTE : Work should be carried out in dry conditions at an air and surface temperature from 5°C to 40°C. PRODUCT SAFETY: Contains cement. Strongly alkaline reaction with moisture, so protect skin and eyes. After contact wash immediately with plenty of water. After eye contact also seek medical advice.
OTHER INFORMATION : The manufacturer recommends using suitable products from the system solution range. – For grouting, Polybit CE 33 aquastatic grout is recommended for general purpose and Polybit CE 47 is recommended for stain & chemical exposed area like kitchen, toilet etc.